Like most websites, this site uses cookies. To find out more about what cookies are, and how they are used on this website, go to our Privacy Policy. If you continue to use this site, we will assume that you are happy with the website's use of cookies.


Benefit from a comprehensive range

On this page you will find information about:

  • Public Liability insurance
  • Instrument and Equipment insurance
  • Professional Indemnity insurance
  • Discounted and preferential rates for MU members

Public Liability Insurance

The MU recommends that you carry your Public Liability Insurance (PLI) Certificate with you when teaching. Make sure you have a contract with your pupils or with the institution that you teach in.

Instrument and Equipment insurance

MU members benefit from £2,000 worth of instrument and related equipment cover, whether you are teaching at home or elsewhere. Additional cover can be arranged at preferential rates.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Many teachers undertake private work without realising that this leaves them open to claims that could be made against them arising from errors and omissions, professional negligence or other liability.

You may need Professional Indemnity Insurance, which MU members can obtain at a discounted rate.