skip to main content

The aim of a personal injury claim is to recover compensation for the injury and financial loss suffered. However, the route to get there can involve technicalities and issues that require expert legal advice and guidance.

Being a member of the MU provides you and your family with access to a full range of legal services provided by Morrish Solicitors, including their free personal injury claim service. As expert personal injury solicitors they are specialists with a long history of acting for Trade Union clients, including the MU.

Morrish Solicitors act exclusively for injured individuals, rather than employers or insurers. They have vast experience in all types of personal injury claims (including within the music and performing arts industry) and can assist whether or not the injury has occurred at work.

Their friendly team will support you through every stage of the process. They are dedicated to providing the highest level of service throughout and will strive for the best possible result on every case.

There will be no legal fees for you to pay and you will keep 100% of any damages recovered.

Even if you are not sure you want to pursue a claim and just want initial advice on the possibility of a claim, Morrish Solicitors are very happy to assist.

Other legal service benefits at discounted and low fixed rates

In addition to the free personal injury claims service, Morrish Solicitors can provide the following exclusive professional legal services for you and your family at discounted and low fixed rates:

  • Wills 
  • Conveyancing & Property
  • Probate & Estate
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Family & Matrimonial
  • Holiday Injury Advice
  • Clinical & Medical Negligence Claims

Members can call their dedicated Legal Advice Helpline for 30 minutes free initial advice on whatever legal issue you need assistance with. Please note that you will be asked for your MU membership number.

How to claim

Just call Morrish Solicitors on their dedicated helpline number: 01132 979 810 .

If calling out of hours, please leave a message with your contact details and Morrish Solicitors promise to get back to you the next working day or at a time that is convenient to you (including evenings).

Personal Injury Claim FAQs

The law on making a claim has changed, how will this affect me?

In April 2013, the Government changed the law on how most personal injury claims are run, including how they are funded. This has left some people unsure about how, or if, they can make a claim following an accident or an injury. Rest assured that whilst the legal system has changed, our commitment to you has not. In these times of change, trust Morrish Solicitors as your union’s legal service to stand up for you and your family and guide you through the changes. Unlike claims made by high street law firms and claims companies that advertise on TV, you and your family keep 100% of your damages with the MU and Morrish Solicitors.

How long after my accident do I have to make a claim for compensation?

The simple answer to this question is three years from the date of the accident; however, there are a few exceptions to this rule. For example, if you were a child at the time of the accident or if you have been affected by an industrial disease, you may have longer to enter your personal injury claim for compensation.

How much compensation am I likely to receive?

It is very difficult to estimate how much personal injury compensation a person will receive until the full circumstances of the accident are known and we know a little more about the injured person. Contrary to popular belief, there is no standard amount of compensation for any particular type of injury. Each compensation claim is dealt with individually and on its own merits. Once one of our lawyers has spoken to you and assessed your personal injury claim in more depth, they will be able to provide you with an estimate as to how much compensation they think you should be awarded.

Am I under an obligation to start a claim if I contact the legal service to discuss my accident?

Absolutely not. However, our expert service is designed to progress members’ claims as quickly and efficiently as possible to deliver the best possible service and secure the maximum compensation. It is therefore important to tell your advisor in the first instance whether or not you would like to make a claim.

Will I have to go to Court to obtain my compensation?

Very few personal injury compensation claims proceed to Court as this leads to an increase in the legal costs, which would be payable by the person responsible for the injury or their insurer. If there is no dispute regarding who was at fault for the accident and no dispute about the level of injuries sustained, an insurance company will rather settle the claim outside of court to avoid paying the bill for the increased legal costs. In extreme cases, where there is a dispute, you may have to attend Court; however, your Solicitor will talk you through the whole process to ensure you are comfortable with it long before the final decision needs to be made.