The bespoke 50 page self-help guide is for artists and music industry professionals, to help them navigate these uncertain times and cope with the difficult feelings that surface. It will help readers to recognise and relieve anxiety, reduce panic attacks, calm anxious children and work from home.
The guide has been created by psychotherapist Tamsin Embleton , who previously worked with the MU’s Young Members’ Network to create The Young Freelancer’s Guide to Mental Health and the Music Industry.
Sign up for MITC’s email list and receive a downloadable copy of the guide, direct to your inbox.
Contents of the guide
The guide covers the following topics:
- Anxiety information and support. Including grounding techniques and online resources for both adults and children – by Tamsin Embleton
- Breathing techniques that will engage your parasympathetic nervous system and reduce anxious symptoms – care of Marcus Blacker (label manager of Chapter 24 records and breath-work coach)
- Tips for home-working & self-isolation – from routine, the home-working environment, combatting cabin fever, and balancing loneliness, space and relationship challenges
- How to stock your cupboards and nourish your body – by Emmaline Rasmussen of Sound Nutrition (US)
- Self-isolation tips – by Grammy-award winning record producer Mike Exeter (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Cradle of Filth & more)
- Home fitness advice – by Helen Buffett, National Account Manager of Technogym and UK representative for “Fit on Tour“
Download the guide here.
For more information on where to get advice on keeping mentally well during the coronavirus outbreak, as well as resources for extra support see our Mental Health Support page.