Members are encouraged to take note of the following changes to the upcoming General Secretary Election:
- In-Person Regional Nomination Meetings have been cancelled and moved online
- Previously advertised dates and times will still apply for the new online meetings
- Only members who have pre-registered to attend will be provided with log-in details to access online meetings.
Based on significant rises in Covid-19 infections across the UK, and uncertainty over Government guidelines that may be introduced in the coming months to protect public health, the MU Executive Committee has taken the difficult decision to cancel all six previously advertised in-person Regional Nomination Meetings and replace each with an online meeting to take place at the same date and time:
- Scotland & Northern Ireland: At Midday on Thursday 13 January 2022
- East & South-East England: At Midday on Monday 17 January 2022
- North of England: At 11:00 am on Tuesday 18 January 2022
- London: At Midday on Wednesday 19 January 2022
- Wales & South West England: At 11:00 am on Sunday 23 January 2022
- Midlands: At 1:30 pm on Thursday 27 January 2022
The MU Executive Committee considers this the best way to protect members’ health whilst ensuring that the Union’s essential democratic processes continue.
Please do not attend any of the previously advertised meeting venues as bookings have been cancelled.
The only way to attend your region’s online Regional Nomination Meeting is to pre-register online.
For further details on how to stand as a candidate for election, propose or second another candidate to do so, or register to take part in the online Regional Nominations Meetings, visit our dedicated page.