Acas (the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial advice to employers, employees and their representatives on a range of topics including; employment rights, best practice and policies and resolving workplace conflict.
Its new and updated disability guidance covers:
- Talking about disability at work
- How an employer should support disabled people
- Managing a disability that gets worse over time
- Disability-related absence
- Capability and performance when someone is disabled
- More support for managing disability at work
You can view the full guidance pack via the official Acas guidance page.
Acas works with millions of employers and employees every year to improve workplace relationships. It is an independent public body that receives funding from the government.
You can read more about Disabled Musicians' Rights via our dedicated information page. It covers; mental health and discrimination, pre-employment questions, reasonable adjustments, access to work grants, access riders for musicians and more.
The information is designed to provide musicians with information about your rights at work, as set out under the Equality Act 2010.