The webinar will cover what you need to know to continue touring the in the EU and the UK for British citizens and EU citizens, topics will include:
- Entering the EU 27 Schengen area AND differing requirements in each member state for work permits and also routes into the UK for EU citizens (third country nationals)
- Work permits – what’s the difference between the different routes, do I need something if I’m not being paid for a showcase etc
- Carnets – do I need one and strategies for minimising the need for one if necessary
- Merchandise VAT and import duty, what do I have to do if I have merchandise for sale (or for promotional purposes)
- General negotiation needs in respect of work permits and Carnets when dealing direct with promoters
- Collaborating with EU citizens and UK citizens as musicians and other creatives in dance, film, multimedia etc post Brexit
- Q&A via chat
This talk will be running online via zoom on Wednesday 11 August, 2:00 pm. Once you have registered with Eventbrite, link and login details will be sent to you before the start of the event. Find out more on the Piping Live website.
The webinar will be given by Ian Smith – owner, agent and manager of two key international music agencies based in the UK for over 20 years and Austria for 15, who has worked as a musician, manager, tour manager and sound engineer for over 40 years of touring. Ian also worked for eight years as national chair of one of the sections of the MU.
See our dedicated section on working in the EU post Brexit for further advice from the MU.