We do not currently envisage that the changes will have a big impact on working musicians, but the MU will monitor the detail as it is released today and will provide updates on the website and in further emails to members.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are currently still operating under the ‘stay at home’ message, whereas Boris Johnson has announced the following changes for England.
- Return to the workplace if you cannot work from home
Since theatres, venues, pubs and schools remain closed this instruction does not currently apply to most working musicians.
- Avoid public transport
- Schools in England to reopen for some primary pupils as early as 1 June
This could impact on teaching members. We will be seeking further clarity and informing members as soon as possible.
- Restaurants and cafes to remain closed until at least July
- Unlimited exercise, some sports and meeting one other person outdoors to be allowed from Wednesday
- Quarantine for all airport arrivals ‘soon’
Any members who are being asked to return to work and who have concerns should contact their regional office for advice.