Wide Days is a Scotland music convention, taking place in Edinburgh 1 - 3 May 2024. This year the Wide Days showcase programme has expanded, creating more opportunities for artists, bands, DJs and composers based in Scotland to perform to international music industry delegates and new music fans.
There are two opportunities currently available for 2024:
- Talent Development Programme - Four acts will be picked by a panel of international industry experts and media to take part in a year-round package of mentoring, support and workshops to accelerate their careers, plus a showcase slot at Wide Days on Wednesday 1 May 2024. The deadline for applications is Friday 3 November 2023 at 11.59 pm.
- New From Scotland Showcase - A selection of emerging artists will be programmed to perform as part of a multi-venue showcase on the Thursday and Friday of Wide Days. Artists will also have access to the full conference programme, a pre-event briefing. The deadline for applications is Friday 1 March 2024 at 11.59 pm.
Apply to play for 2024.
Full application criteria and details on both opportunities can be found via the apply to play page, but key information is summarised below:
- Applicants must be currently based in Scotland, and making original music.
- Applicants are welcome to apply for both opportunities, but must fill in both applications to be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, unfortunately it is not possible for Wide Days to provide feedback.
- If you require additional support, or would like to apply by video, please visit the accessibility section at the bottom of the apply to play page.
2024 delegate passes are now on sale, find out more about Wide Days.