We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our chosen social media, advertising and analytics partners. Read our cookie policy for more information.


Touring Members Advised to Read Entry Requirements for EU Countries

The MU has been sent the following links which members can follow to check entry requirements – including work permits – for 26 EU countries.

Photograph of EuroStar train arriving at St Pancras Station in London
Many musicians rely on performing and touring in the European Union to make a living. Photo credit: Shutterstock

Entry requirements for EU Member states

Let touring musicians travel post Brexit

Staying in the EU is still the best option for musicians. But if we do leave, we need to protect musicians working in the EU after 31 October.

That’s why we propose a Musicians’ Passport.

It’s a touring visa that lasts a minimum of two years, is free or cheap, covers all EU member states, gets rid of the need for carnets and other permits, and covers road crew, technicians and other staff necessary for musicians to do their job.

Sign the petition for a Musicians' Passport.

Published: 11/10/2019

Join the MU for £1

News RSS